Move Without Pain! Online Training Program
Learn the true cause of your pain and how to get rid of it in the comfort of your own home, at your own pace from a health and pain expert who sees people eliminate pain, regain health, and return to doing the things they love to do every day. Discover how to look and feel better than good…
A program that teaches you how to find and resolve the cause of your pain. Don’t just chase the symptoms…
Watch this brief video to learn the #1 reason your pain is not going away and what you can do about it. Discerning the actual cause of your pain is necessary to achieve pain resolution. What this means is if you have knee pain and you only treat your knee it will be absolutely useless in resolving your pain if the cause is a hip that is not performing well in the sagittal plane or an ankle that is not everting properly during the stance phase of gait. You can exercise the knee which may damage the structures. You can receive ultrasound, injections, moist heat or ice, even arthroscopic surgery but they will all be for naught if the source of the problem is elsewhere.
Simply put, you need to find the cause (or better put the culprit) and restore proper function in that area instead of just treating, or chasing, the symptom.
Yes, there are times that the area of pain needs to be addressed directly (like an acute ankle sprain or a fracture) but very often the problem is on the opposite side or nowhere near the area of chronic pain. Here are some issues I have seen resolved in my practice over the years when the cause of the problem was addressed.
- A lack of dorsiflexion in the ankle can lead to neck pain when taking long walks. No amount of treatment to the neck will fix the lack of dorsiflexion. Until that is addressed, the neck pain will not resolve. Over time, the stress to the neck may create physiological issues and serious damage but the original cause (or culprit) needs to be treated to create lasting pain resolution. Restoring normal ankle dorsiflexion will achieve pain resolution in this case.
- A low back (sacral) dysfunction can lead to shoulder issues. You have a muscle called the latissimus dorsi which originates at the sacral base and inserts in the front of the humeral head. This means this muscle can abnormally align the shoulder joint (if in a shortened, contracted state) and create inflammation or abnormal wear and tear. You can treat the shoulder which may decrease some of the painful symptoms but until you correct the sacral mechanics and ensure the latissimus dorsi is functioning properly, the shoulder will not be aligned well enough to heal completely. My professional experience is that shoulder issues are commonly due to this problem (or neck issues) and addressing this problem allows the shoulder inflammation to heal achieving pain resolution.
- A possible ‘culprit’ in shoulder pain in a baseball pitcher is decreased ankle mobility. Whenever the ball is released from the hand, stress occurs at the shoulder because the ankle is not performing optimally. Restoring optimal ankle function resolves the shoulder pain.
- A tingling hand that feels partially numb can be resolved by addressing a specific rib position that is compressing the nerve plexus in your axilla (arm pit). A simple 90 second strain and counterstrain technique can resolve this issue if that is the cause. Imagine if you had carpal tunnel surgery and the problem was caused by rib compression?!
These are just some examples of why treating the pain does not provide pain resolution. You must look at the body as a whole to determine the possible cause(s) of the pain. In order to accomplish this your physical therapist, or massage therapist, or chiropractor, or osteopath, or bodyworker, or athletic trainer needs to understand how the body performs and reacts through motion and functional living. There are manual techniques, movement concepts, and connective tissue methods, that work extremely well to restore function and address the underlying cause of pain.
How you nourish your body can also be part (or even the cause) of chronic pain. The Move Without Pain Program will teach you the scientific data behind how food relates to pain, what benefits and risks are seen with common treatments for pain, and what techniques and concepts are successful at resolving pain. The number one goal of the program is to fully inform you so you can make the best decisions possible regarding healthcare decisions AND be fully educated in self-care concepts that work in order to get out of pain and have lifelong wellbeing. Move Without Pain will help you discover where the culprit is in your movement and/or function AND what to do about it. There are also recommended resources and references in the program.
There are four modules based on your issues, but remember, you will address the main reasons these areas have pain. You will not just beat up the pain victim. Below is a 2-4 minute video describing each module’s focus.
Here is a step by step of how the program works.
• First, you will watch the Move Without Pain 101 Basics Video.
• Next, you will watch the Specific Intro video based on the painful body part you want to address. Remember, the video series are specific to your painful part but the movements you learn are designed to address the reasons you have the painful part; they won’t just beat up the painful part. Each specific module also includes a video about what to do if there is no improvement.
• You will then begin learning the Beginner movements. As you move forward to the Intermediate and Advanced movements you will also see a How to Progress and Maintain Success Video.
There are additional educational videos that provide important information to empower you to better understand the world of pain management as well as how food plays a role in chronic pain. This is so you can become an informed healthcare consumer and make better choices for improved outcomes. I have had many people come to me wishing they knew then what they know now. They would never have agreed to that medication, injection, procedure, or surgery because they are still dealing with the negative fallout years later.
These educational videos (all with references) include the following topics:
• Common Treatments for Pain Part 1 and Part 2
• What Works for Pain Part 1 and Part 2
• Nourish Away Pain Part 1 and Part 2
Written resources in the Move Without Pain Video Series include:
• Program Outline PDF
• Module Specific Anatomy and Function Education PDF
• Alternate Resources Education PDF
• Common Treatments for Pain PDF
• What Works for Pain PDF
• Nourish Away Pain PDF
• All Module Specific Movements Taught in the Videos PDF
Ok, let’s recap all that you will receive with this program:
Specific Move Without Pain Modules:
knee, shoulder, hip, back, neck, wrist/elbow, foot/ankle, scoliosis, optimal fitness, athletic performance & injury prevention (knee, shoulder, hip, and back are available; the other modules are coming)
- Move Without Pain Program Orientation Video and PDF
- Alternate Resources Education PDF
- If no improvement PDF
- Program Outline PDF
- Module Specific Anatomy and Function Education PDF
- All Module Specific Movements Taught in the Videos PDF
Complimentary Education Videos
• Common Treatments for Pain Video Part 1 and Part 2 with PDF and references
• What Works for Pain Video Part 1 and Part 2 with PDF and references
• Nourish Away Pain Video Part 1 and Part 2 with PDF and references
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up today. The only thing you have to lose is the pain!
If all of this feels overwhelming to you please know you can receive one on one private consult sessions with me to learn how to get your life back! We will determine the cause(s) of your problem and I will tailor the sessions to your specific issues based on your schedule needs.
Call 518-496-1265 to get started. Go here for more information regarding this program.
You can live pain-free and have lifelong wellbeing!